Well, as some have pointed out, it's about time for a new post. So I thought I'd do a quick update with a promise of more to follow.
We bought our purple house. It needs a lot of work, but the structure is sound (and I should know). We closed on June 5, but we haven't gotten too far on it yet. We have done some good looking over of the house and planning. This weekend we will start to make some changes . . . big changes. Since I am not a huge plan of the floor plan, we are going to create two new door openings, close off two existing door openings, and build a short hallway. I think it will turn out nicely and make the floor plan make way more sense (in addition to increasing the size of my kitchen :) BONUS!). We're also taking the loft out of the room we are making into the master bedroom. Then we'll put in a hard ceiling and a ceiling fan and the room should feel a lot more "masterful." Of course still to follow will be painting, new flooring, eventually we'll add heating and cooling, redo the kitchen and bathroom, and I'm sure I'll think of plenty of other projects. We just need to get started (and get more money!).
On the baby front, we found out we're having a baby boy. He's growing well and very active. He does like to make it hard for the ultrasound technician to do her job, so we've had 4 ultrasounds so far and we're scheduled for another at our next appointment. It's crazy to have so many, but it is nice to see him and verify he is all right. We've decided to name him after his father, so it'll be Eric Thomas Rogers Junior. And we plan to call him Junior. We're getting more and more excited all the time, but are also feeling a twinge of worry and/or uncertainty now and then. After all, we've never done this before. But so far, so good. And we just keep right on moving forward. We've been greatly blessed and feel certain that things are progressing as they ought.
Well, that's it for now. I intend to post some pictures of the house later. We took plenty of before shots so we will post some of them. Then we'll keep you updated with our work in progress. In the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed this installment and we'll catch you next time!

5 comments:
So have you decided on colors for the baby's room?
I'm not sure if I already said this or not, but congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. :)
That being said... you need to post again!
Hey! I found this through the grapevine, so I hope it's OK that I pop in and just start commenting. At least you know that the part of me that's always able to start adding my two cents hasn't changed since high school! :-)
I've been by your new place a few times, but there have never been cars out, so I didn't stop by. I will one day, though.
How fun that you're having a little boy! It's good to hear he's doing well inside there! Did you hear that I'm pregnant too? I'm due April 2. With us living so close, our kids could play together! Fun!
Sarita,
I finally started a blog! I just love yours, so I added yours on my list- hope that you don't mind!
Mine is at ourbethsaida.blogspot.com
Love,
Rachel
Hi! Just stopping by to see how things are going?? Keep us updated :)
Post a Comment