Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's been too long

I know I've waited way to long to update my blog. First it was because there was nothing to comment on. I was just getting ready for my test. Then the test weekend came (last weekend) and I survived. Some of it was easier than expected and some was just plain hard. But I'll know the results in just 3 months. After I got done with the test, I was VERY worn out. It took a few days to feel like myself again.

In the meantime, on Monday I happened across a house for sale in our neighborhood in our price range. I didn't think that could happen. But we quickly acted on it and looked at it that same day. Of course, it needs LOTS of work, but it could work out for us. So we put an offer on it that very same day. Then, after a few weird circumstances, we were actually able to put together a counter offer that was accepted so as of yesterday, we're set to buy the house. Monday we're having it inspected and if that turns out all right, then we'll be set to start the buying process. We'll probably close in late May or early June. Then we'll have 2 months to work on it before we have to be out of the house we're renting, so that should work out just fine. (Yes, it's purple.)

Anyway, it's all pretty exciting and it's nice to have my life back and spend some time on my house and my family (and my blog). That's it for today. Look for more to come soon.

6 comments:

Nola said...

Looks like a cute house, even if it is purple! Good luck with the logistics of buying and moving in! If Tyler and I happen to be in town when your moving again, I am sure we would stop by to help carry boxes!

Liz said...

I love the purple!! ok, just kidding . . . but let me give you one tip, cut down that weed tree growing right next to the house as fast as you can. Those things are bad news! Sorry, just a thought.

Jenn said...

Looks great! Congrats on becoming a home-owner...I am jealous. One more year of school and then we'll be looking for one of our own. Hope everything works out well for you!

Chimaera said...

Just make sure that you look over the house yourself as well. There was a special on the news about how, at least in UT, the inspectors don't need any special training to do what they do and can miss some stuff. Like in this one house the vents were fake and the furnace wasn't connected, etc. Scary stuff...but best of luck. Are you going to keep it that color?

nateandcole said...

Congrats on getting married, being pregnant, and buying a house--all fun and life changing events! What was your big test for? Where are you working? Did you and hubby meet here in Boise? Your thesis has quite the title--I have no idea what it is, but way to go for getting it finished and published. :)

We're in a fixer upper too, and after ~5 years, we're starting to get somewhere. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Colette Butterfield Miller
nateandcole.blogspot.com

Jenn Hansen said...

You need to update your blog...this is all very exciting, but you need to tell everyone your more recent new...

The Army National Guard