Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Mommy Haircut

As I grow older, I am coming to realize that I shouldn't have ever said "I'm never going to . . ." For example, I said that I would not be like so many other new mothers who cut all their hair off. Now here I am four months into being a mom and I cut my hair. So I have to say that I definitely understand why mom's do it (or at least why I did it).

After nine months of pregnancy, giving birth to my child, and many long nights of endless feedings along with the other complications that came with our Junior, I realized that I really just wanted to feel like a human being again. Every morning I had been getting up and throwing my hair back so I could attend to my little guy. I finally decided that I wanted to cut my hair into a style that I could do quickly and that would make me feel like a woman again. I looked at tons of pictures and got advice and this is what I ended up with.

This picture isn't the greatest, but it gives an idea of my new haircut. I cut off almost a foot and donated it to locks of love.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

So Cute! I love your new haircut!

Nola said...

I love the haircut! I did the same thing (donating to locks of love) over the summer. Too bad I didn't like the cut after I got it. Maybe I will let it grow again and donate again, but this time I will take your advice and look at lots of pictures before I tell them to cut.

Elizabeth said...

I love the new do! I've cut my hair after every single pregnancy too.

Julee said...

I love it!!!! I cut my hair short after having Mylie too, but now find myself putting it in a ponytail as much as I can because she's starting to pull hair... We moms just can't win :)

Grandma Cherie said...

I absolutely love your haircut! You are really styling! Have fun with your darling baby and husband. Hope they appreciate what a wonderful gal you are!

Aunt Cherie

Liz said...

I love it!! Nice to donate it too, that beautiful hair of yours can bless someone else now. :)

Rebekah said...

I agree with Liz. It's always such a blessing for those who don't have such luscious locks of their own to get a donation. Besides, you look absolutely fabulous!

The Army National Guard