Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Eric is at Basic Training

I have been promising an update for awhile now. I will do a short post now, and work on filling in details of the past several months as time allows.

In July, Eric joined the Army National Guard. It was a difficult process for us to decide if it was right for us and how and when to go about it, but in the end, Eric was able to sign up to be a UAV operator. He is very excited about that since he loves all things that fly.

Today Eric got on a plane headed for Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri where he will do his Basic Training for the Army. I received word that he arrived safely. As I understand it, he will be processing in for the next 4 or 5 days and then the "training" begins. Basic training is a total of 10 weeks including processing.

We have been told that Eric will be able to come home for Christmas. We are excited to receive more details of how that will work.

When Eric finishes basic, he will go to Ft. Huachuca, Arizona for his Advanced Individual Training (AIT). That training will last 22 weeks. As I understand it, we can expect him home in the middle of July.

This is a tremendous opportunity for Eric and us, his family. We are proud that he is serving his country in this way. We are so blessed to live in the Unites States of America! We are also lucky to receive the training and other benefits offered by the Army.

Junior and I will definately miss Eric. Of course, we will be fine, but you can't help but miss such a great and loving husband and father.

We love you, Eric!

4 comments:

Julee said...

HUGS Sarita! You are one brave woman!!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you were able to hear the Eric arrived safely. Call if you are ever feeling like you need some adult conversation or if you need a babysitter.

Chaz and Ali said...

I don't know how you do it but you are such an inspiration to me... I love you and I'm always here if you need anything! Make sure Eric knows how proud we all are of him!

The Bragging Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Army National Guard