Okay, so I know I'm late, but I'd still like to tell the story for anyone interested and for my own records.
We knew Eric was deploying between the 17th and the 22nd and our baby girl was due September 25th so we discussed inducing her early with my OB and she was okay with trying to make it happen. Since it was before 39 weeks, we had to have an amnio to make sure her lungs were developed. So we went in on Tuesday the 16th for our amnio. They do an ultrasound to find a pocket of fluid and then the doctor sticks a long needle into the uterus and removes some fluid. Sounds like it's not too complicated, but the fluid pockets were hidden behind the placenta and the other pockets would be awkward to get at. I was worried we wouldn't get the amnio and thus the approval for our induction. When the doctor came in she said that she would see if the high risk doctor would do the amnio since he does complicated ones all the time. He was willing so I went over to his office where I did paperwork and they took me to the hospital. The doctor came into the room, did a quick ultrasound, estimated the weight of the baby to be 9 lb. 5 oz. and then did the amnio. It took two tries with the big poke. The second was more painful than the first, I think because the uterus contracted to protect itself. It did set off contractions but they were still far apart and not too intense. They sent me upstairs to the triage for labor and delivery where they monitored me for an hour to make sure the amnio didn't set anything off and to wait for results. Of course, the results were that the lungs were developed and we scheduled the induction for the next day.
So, first thing the next morning we headed to the hospital. Dr. Anstine induced me and I progressed rapidly. It took only 4 contractions pushing and I was ready for the doctor. A few big pushes and Carolyn Hope Rogers was born at 3:24 pm weighing 9 lb. 7 oz. and 21-3/4 in. long.
Junior ignored his baby sister at first, but one week after her birth he decided to help feed her and hold her. It was very cute. He continues to be a sweet big brother. He holds her hands when she cries. Lucky Carolyn.







3 comments:
Oh she is darling Sarita. She looks so much like you! I hope we can see you and the kiddos soon...If we can ever get a trip in! Miss ya, glad Eric was able to see his little girl arrive. Thats so special.
She's a beautiful baby! Congratulations!
Yay for an update and pictures of your little beauty! She is so sweet. Congrats! I hope life is well.
Post a Comment