Monday, January 10, 2011

The Faith Project - Day 1

Read about Faith in the Bible Dictionary.

Here is a link to that entry.

I love this sentence: "Faith in Jesus Christ is the first principle of the gospel and is more than belief, since true faith always moves its possessor to some kind of physical and mental action; it carries an assurance of the fulfillment of the things hoped for."

I have spent time before pondering faith and hope and their similarities and difference.  A short explanation of my conclusion is that I hope that I can do or be something and that hope can be fulfilled through my righteous actions, which I pursue because of my faith.  I love how this quotation shows us that.  It reminds us that faith should push us to some action and is the first step in the gospel.  What a wonderful principle.  I look forward to studying faith through the duration of this "Faith Project." 

No comments:

The Army National Guard