Sunday, December 22, 2013

In Utah

You may have surmised (or already heard) that we are now in Utah.  I met with both the cardiologist and my OB last week and both thought it best that we travel to Utah.  Initally we were talking about after Christmas when I will be 36 weeks, but my OB thought it best that I get here as soon as possible since on average twins come in the 35th week.  So after we met with him on Wednesday we started to prepare for travel on Friday afternoon while awaiting final word from Dr. Adams (cardiologist).  He wanted to confirm with the doctors in Salt Lake before officially sending us down here.  On Thursday I got that call, but they were still trying to arrange the transfer of doctors, both a pediatric cardiologist and a Maternal Fetal Medicine OB.

On Friday morning it was finally all arranged as I was finishing my packing.  So when Eric was done with his appointments at the VA we met up with my mom and headed down to Utah.  We are staying with my gracious Aunt Becky and Uncle David.  They have generously invited us to stay with them and occupy their beautiful basement.  We have plenty of room and the kids are loving spending time with family they don't see very often.  Although my cousins who live here are a lot older than Junior and Carolyn, they are very sweet with them and even played legos with them for quite awhile with them this afternoon.  I wanted a picture of that, but just could bring myself to drag my 8 months pregnant self downstairs to get the camera and then back up again.  But it is a sweet memory all the same.

Tomorrow I will have an echo at Primary Children's and meet a cardiologist there.  I am anxious to become familiar with the doctors and facilities we will be using here.  In addition, I am interested to see if there is any additional insight or information we will gain from meeting with a diffrent specialist.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to our appointment (even though fetal echos are quickly becoming one of my least favorite things - it is an awfully long time for me to lie still on my back at the stage of my pregnancy.)

Then on Friday I will see my new MFM OB.  That will also be a good appointment to get an idea of when and how this doctor would like to see these babies delivered.  I know a lot of it is out of our control, however.  It will still be very good to meet and know the doctor who will likely deliver my babies.

Of course, in between my two appointments is Christmas. I will readily admit that this Christmas is unfolding very differently than I had anticipated.  It's not to hard to pack up and take along our simple Christmas we had planned.  But we will miss Christmas Eve at grandma's house and other family gatherings we had planned.  And for a planner like me, it's sort of strange to show up and share Christmas with extended family we don't see often.  I don't like to intrude and hate feeling like I'm stepping on toes.  Also, it is hard to served; I just don't want to impose on others.  That said, I am so grateful for the many small and large gifts of service we have received and continue to receive from loving family and friends.  We are more grateful we are able to communicate.  Thank you to each of you!  We feel very loved and blessed and pray that blessings will be poured out upon each you.

No comments:

The Army National Guard